Did you know that Americans spend billions a dollars a year alone on dog products? Obsessing over the care of our canine friends is a pastime that just isn’t going away. So, if you’re one of these people, learn how to save money on all that you do for your dog.
1. Check for sales. Save money on dog products by watching for sales at places like Petco and PetSmart. These mega-giants allow you to sign up for automatic alerts on their Websites. Take advantage of them and shop for special items at a discount. Also, don’t to be too proud to purchase items from discount stores like the Dollar Tree. All you’re paying for in regards to some dog products is just a brand name anyway.
2. Shop in bulk. Go big and save a few cents. If you can get the same item at in a larger size for less, do it. Then, store the product properly. Use potato chip clips to seal off bags and prevent food from going stale. Refrigerate wet food in containers to preserve freshness. This way, you can extend the life of your bulk product and make your money stretch over time.
3. Manage toys. Don’t ruin your dog’s personality by giving him too much stuff. Manage the amount of toys you buy him and save money. Buy him a special toy on Christmas and a few times throughout the year (under ten). Remember, your dog wants you, not a box full of junk.
4. Take over grooming. If you spending hundreds of dollars at a groomer, save money on dog products by taking over this chore yourself. You can purchase a pre-packed grooming kit for under $50. When you use the services of a groomer, you’re paying for overhead, over-priced dog products and elbow grease. By taking over your dog’s grooming yourself, you can control all of things including what comes out of your pocket book.
5. Let your dog go au naturale. Forget about celebrity trends involving canines. You don’t need to dress your dog up like Paris Hilton does hers with pricey collars and clothes. Save money on dog products by letting him go au naurale. Get him the basic quality dog leashes & collars with a tag and keep him clean and well feed. These basics are all your dog really needs anyway.
These five tips will have you save money on dog products. Use them and keep your hard earned money where it belongs – in the bank.